Monday, March 7, 2011

Variety: The Spice of Life

Menus in Week 2 of the Flat Belly Diet 28-Day Program are also based on four 400 calorie meals a day. I've customized them with a few selections from the previous week. Today's afternoon snack, a Blueberry Smoothie, is a recipe from the Jumpstart program.

A few choices for Week 2 are Vanilla Pecan Parfait, Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry, Mediterranean Sandwich, Edamame Potato Salad and Tapenade Pasta. Oranges, fat-free cottage cheese, whole wheat pasta, grapes and hummus are a few added items.

The attempt to buy olive tapenade for the Tapenade Pasta proved to be quite challenging. The twenty minutes it took me to find it proved to be a waste of time since I purchased the wrong kind anyway. The bright side is that it should only take thirty seconds to find it next time.

Eating out requires planning—definitely more than what I've done since starting the diet. I always make a point to tuck my Flat Belly Diet Pocket Guide into my purse but I usually forget to bring the required MUFAs, which depend on what kind of protein, grain and vegetables you eat. It's best to have a restaurant in mind and choose your meal based on information provided online.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've raised the yellow flag on the Strawberry Chocolate Waffle. Although it is an allowable meal on the plan, I have a tendency to overindulge in foods that include chocolate in any form.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah. You and chocolate :) Do they suggest any alternatives for chocolate like carob or anything? Or darker chocolate?

    By the way, it looks like New Seasons is a Northwest thing. Whole foods it is for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only chocolate allowed is semi-sweet or dark chocolate. I feel very much in control but am simply staying aware. Hence, the yellow flag. No red flag as of yet.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.