Saturday, March 5, 2011

Raspberry!

Pretty, oh so pretty… layers of cereal, yogurt, raspberries and pecans served up plenty of eye-appeal at breakfast this morning—plus it tasted great. And it was the perfect opportunity to use one of my favorite Pfaltzgraff goblets.

If you'd like to give Vanilla Pecan Parfait a try, layer 1 cup of Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs, 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen unsweetened raspberries, 6 ounces fat-free vanilla yogurt and 2 tablespoons chopped pecans into a parfait glass.

Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs contains buckwheat, barley, triticale, oats, rye brown rice, hard red wheat and sesame so  expect your jaw to get a little extra workout. It is not the most flavorful Kashi cereal I've ever had, and puffed "bits" bounce around my kitchen like styrofoam whenever I do, but it is a nice healthy Flat Belly option, especially when presented in such a lovely fashion.

4 comments:

  1. You just gave me a great new breakfast idea. I eat yogurt every morning and love Kashi cereals, but don't eat enough fruit. This will solve that problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Did you notice any adverse aftereffects from the kashi...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Let me know what you think. I'll post more of my favorite healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie, other than cereal that floats around the kitchen, I have not noticed other side effects.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.