Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rusty Nails

Visually speaking, I live in a constant state of inspiration. It has little to do with where I live or the way I live; but rather with my being an artistic type. I can see creative potential in a pile of rusty nails. 

But being this way has its drawbacks. I am often distracted by things around me: light patterns reflecting on the wall; dew glistening on a freshly woven spider web; trees bowing precariously in the wind.

And it seems that right brained folks like myself are a wee-e-e bit more fragile when it comes to rejection and criticism. Personally, it keeps me from doing certain things; like writing. You wouldn't be reading this post if I didn't write sometimes, but there is almost always a degree of inner conflict whenever I do.

That's why I appreciate Wake Up Cloud and Aliventures, a couple recent discoveries. Their words are quite enlightening, as well as encouraging. 

3 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful writer. Never doubt your talent and never stop sharing your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should never feel discouraged or stop writing! You are gifted--gifted with talent and with the inspiration you constantly feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post - and hope you keep writing and seeing. 'Rejection and criticism' - eh - take what is useful, toss the rest.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.