Monday, October 10, 2011

Onions. . . Not So Much

"Variety is the spice of life" and I thought I'd add a bit to yours and mine with a handwritten post. But, after a few attempts, I decided to save it for another day. Who knew that endless hours of typing would affect one's ability to write.

And now to today's post. . .

The end is near. Within a matter of days, I will be back to buying tomatoes in the produce department of the local grocery store. I've enjoyed the fresh homegrown variety. This was a tomato kind of year here in Wisconsin. They were plentiful and flavorful.

The photo shows Sunday's end-of-garden harvest; as well as my willing assistant, Halle. With the exception of onions, she sampled mini versions of each vegetable. As it turns out, she is especially partial to cucumbers.

4 comments:

  1. One of our dogs brought home an onion that the neighbors dropped while grilling... or were they feeding it to him? Hmmm... There was a little doggy bite out of it. Obviously, he liked it enough to drag it home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing Halle decided to "hold the onions." They are toxic to dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie. . . I think it would be hard for a dog to turn an onion down if it was laying next to a piece of sirloin on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I didn't realize onions were toxic to dogs. I wonder if it makes a difference if they are cooked.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.