Friday, April 1, 2011

Somebody Pinch Me

Have you ever had the feeling that something good is happening but it could end at any moment? That's the way I feel when I step on my scales and see a lower number than the time before. After struggling for so many years, this experience feels rather surreal, especially since I'm down nearly 10 pounds in what I consider to be a short amount of time.

Healthy eating is the reason that I am finally succeeding at weight-loss. That simply has to be the reason. And so I'd like to share a good healthy recipe with you. It is Macadamia Pear Salad. The ingredients are: 3 cups baby spinach leaves; 1 tablespoon raisins; 1 small tomato, diced; 2 teaspoons sesame oil; 1 tablespoon rice vinegar and 2 tablespoons macadamia nut. It is not quite as flavorful as one of my favorite Flat Belly salads, Chicken and Apple Salad, but it is very satisfying. The macadamia nuts are a nice touch.

Spring has definitely sprung here in the Midwest, despite today's mixed "precip." (I think someone is playing a bad April Fools joke.) Thoughts of spring cleaning have consumed me for the past two weeks. I so want to rid my life of clutter. Yesterday's post was a loose representation of a few areas I'd like to work on. I don't have nearly as much work to do since I've been de-cluttering for years but there's always room for improvement—as you can see by my top bathroom drawer.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I want to try this one too! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Is this approximately 400 calories as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie. The Macadamia Pear Salad has 372 calories.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.