Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mud or Beans

This is something I found in a local resale shop. It is approximately a foot and a half in length and five inches wide. I immediately liked its interesting shape and the material that it was made from. I naturally assumed that someone had taken a trip to Hawaii or some other tropical paradise years ago and brought it back as a memento. Perhaps they had seen one being used at a luau or similar celebration and simply had to have it.

My intentions were to hang it up or group it with a few other "natural" things. Instead, I've had it leaning up against my piano. Every once in a while, I catch sight of it and admire it all over again. 


It just so happens that it caught the eye of Samantha, my six-year-old granddaughter, this week. She was heading for the front door, with it in hand. When I spotted her and asked her what she was doing, she replied, "Can you scoop something with this?" "No," I said, "it's a decoration." "But can you scoop something?" Samantha asked. "Like what?" I responded. "Like mud...or beans," she replied. 

2 comments:

  1. Of course, mud or beans! Or maybe eggs after yesterdays easter egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This caught my eye yesterday at your house. I noticed it and liked it, but just kept doing whatever it was I was doing. I didn't realize you got this resale! Great find!

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.