Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hello Bud

Yes, winter is paying a visit this weekend—or so they say—but it was definitely spring today. I know because bud came to visit. The Red Maple is loaded with these little beauties. I got the tree as a birthday gift two years ago. I've enjoyed seeing it change throughout the seasons. It makes fall even more enjoyable.


Although there's work to be done everywhere you look, I never grow tired of the farm. It was built in the 1800s so work's to be expected. The milk house is one of my planned projects this summer. It'll be perfect for my garden stuff. I'm going to start with a few sheets of peg board, a couple replacement windows, and some barn red paint.  





5 comments:

  1. I love your photos! And I love the barn, and it's rustic paint! Happy Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your milkhouse! Can't wait to see what you do with it. We used to have an old milkhouse when I was a kid. We stored our bikes in it. Raised rabbits in it (shew!), and make a little clubhouse in the "attic". It even had a few old milk cans... imagine that?! I have one of them in my home now. Good memories. Thanks for posting! BTW, I'm going to post some blooms on my blog today too. SC is a little ahead of you guys when it comes to spring weather ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sue and Julie. I've always loved the milk house. It's likely a little more quaint than is obvious in the photo, as is the barn it's attached to. I also love the rustic look but then the elements are really hard on the wood siding. That's why I decided to paint it (apparent in some of the photos). I just had not gotten around to the side you see in the photo. Maybe I can find a couple shots of the painted side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entry. Does this mean my strawberry rhubarb pie will be in the mail soon? What are your garden plans??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Jessie. That isn't likely to happen. Our rhubarb bit the dust when the garage was built. I'll have to harvest some from Stephanie and Eric. The best S/R pie I ever made was in the big cast iron skillet at their cabin. There were no pie tins around so opted to use the well-seasoned iron skillet. I don't remember any other pie tasting as good as that one did.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.