Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"You can grow this card!"

The front of the card.

Every now and then, I come across something too cool to keep to myself. This time it came in the form of a birthday wish. When I opened the envelope, I found this inside. It may look like a typical greeting card but it's more than that. Dozens of wildflower seeds are embedded in the paper, making the whole card a vehicle for planting. This particular card happened to include a really sweet message inside:
Hi Mom! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you and I hope you have a great day and a great year. You are an amazing woman. I am always delighted to hear about your many endeavors. If I ever beat you at Scrabble, it's because I over compensated...out of fear. 

The back of the card.

This card should have been planted last spring but I'm hoping the seeds will still germinate. Now it's just a matter of finding a place for my wildflower garden.

These handmade cards are a product of the Green Field Paper Company in San Diego, California (www.greenfieldpaper.com) and distributed by King Features Syndicate under the Mutts label.

2 comments:

  1. I love these cards! Scrabble, huh? I'll have to challenge you to a game on Facebook :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they a great idea, Julie? Take a look at the Green Field Paper blog. They're all about "green." BTW...my family is addicted to Scrabble. We'll play anytime anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.