Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursdays



Thursdays. They seldom go as planned.

I say to myself, "Thursday, what a
magnificent day to shop (unlike Friday)." 

There will be three less people in the checkout lane.

And my dollar will buy 10% more in the
natural and organic department.

Plus parking will be a breeze—
no circling around the parking lot.

Yes, today would be an outstanding day to shop.

But my feet are instead resting upon the
coffee table and I have a mug of java in my hand.

The patio door is wide open and I'm listening to
a symphony of sounds: caws, chatters, tweets,
gobbles, coos, and twit-twitters.

And now I say,
"Tuesday. What a magnificent day to shop."

3 comments:

  1. My Thursday shopping experience certainly was interesting (Harbor Freight encounter) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny ....... I like your thinking Sis !

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha You make me laff . . . and I completely identify.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.