Friday, March 9, 2012

Trompe l'oeil?



Why is there a hand in this photo? There is no mystery involved, or underlying meaning. It is a reflection of my daughter's hand on a marble wall. But the moment I noticed the "floating hand" in one of my New York photos, I knew I had to do something with it.

That's truly where the mystery lies: Why do I feel the need to post such a thing? The answer is simple. . . because it's there and that's just who I am. I'm also this and this. What motivates me to dress a roma tomato in a hat and give him a name? Who knows. But one thing's for certain, the lighter side of life is what keeps me standing.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, isn't it, that a photograph is such a personal thing. And yet it can mean many different things to different people. I'd imagine this hand could lead to thousands of conclusions as to the meaning of the photo.

    Nicely done and food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Love the floating hand! Love what you see . . .

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.