Monday, August 1, 2011

Roma Makes A Friend

Let me introduce you to one of my favorite little Roma Grape Tomatoes. He was so unique that I couldn't bring myself to eat him. I decided to make him part of the family instead. Sorry, but I really can't explain the hat. It was just something I had to do. I laid awake nights thinking about how I needed to make Roma a hat. He seemed quite pleased with it. Here are a few photos from the life of this special little tomato. Enjoy!

Roma with his new hat... and face.

Roma with Herb.

Roma visits his "birth" family.

Roma on the porch steps.

The serious side of Roma.

Love at first sight. Roma's very best friend.

"Little Red Roma Hood"

Uh oh...

The moral of the story: Live life to its fullest because you never
know when you could end up as the main course.

10 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I LOVE this! Oh NOOOO! His poor sad death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, the quality of the photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He "roma" too far from home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, everyone. I knew little Roma would touch everyone in a special way.

    I told Mom about the little guy. She said I should put him on a horse and take his picture. I said, "Mom, he doesn't have legs or arms. He wouldn't be able to stay on." Mom has yet to learn about Roma's demise.

    A reader asked why the dog had to get Roma in the end. What can I say? It was that or be marinated with the cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little guy was so cute. I was so enjoying his story and how he was discovering his new found life as a grown up Roma,then it came the ending were he met his doom. I could not sleep thinking about him and his little hat that he was wearing,but then I thought I bet anything there will be more Romas out roaming around. I can't wait to see how many of them may show up.Here's to you Roma you were a brave red one. So funny !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous, the hat went first if it makes you feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael is here to say that the story of Roma is like so many others who wander away and think that they can take the big bad world on their own. Hopefully this story of tragedy will open the eyes of other little garden dwellers who think they should go out into the big bad world. Look out for that big bad wolf Halle lurking and waiting for those home grown goodies!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true, Michael, but what would you prefer? To stagnate and rot on the vine or take your chances and "roma" free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha. Thanks for referring me to this and for your comment on my blog - love that!

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.