Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jumpstart: Day 3

It's just not the same!



Need I say more? I'm longing for a little caffeine in my diet. The two-quarts-a-day Sassy Water isn't doin' it for me.

When I told my mother about my plan to give up coffee, she said, "You're going to get a headache." I really thought I'd prove her wrong. Not! It felt as if someone had taken a C-clamp and attached it to my temples. On top of that, I felt queasy most of the time—especially at the thought of drinking Sassy Water.

By evening I was looking for some relief and downed an 8 oz cup of coffee (with half-n-half) and ate a few Triscuit Thin Crisps. Although I felt instant relief, I added an extra 140 calories to my 1200 calorie a day diet. The total allowable calories will increase to 1600 after the fourth day, and there will me many more foods to choose from. Dark chocolate is one of those. I'm so looking forward to the change. One thing I do know is that, as of day five, Sassy Water will no longer be on this chick's menu.

Today's menu goes something like this:

Breakfast
1 cup unsweetened cornflakes
1 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup roasted or raw unsalted sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons unsweetened raisins 

Lunch
4 ounces deli turkey
1 cup steamed baby carrots
1 low-fat string cheese

Snack
Blueberry smoothie: (1 cup fat-free milk; 1 cup frozen unsweetened
blueberries; 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil)

Dinner
4 ounce grilled tilapia drizzled with olive oil
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sauteed in cooking spray
1/2 cup cooked brown rice

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Great picture! Here's the link to "lemon tea". It is supposed to have some ultra healing qualities that are highlighted her. It is used here after a surgery, but lots of people on this site continued using it for all it's other properties. It could be a good alternative to the sassy water...?

    http://www.breasthealthonline.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?tid=48901

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.