Friday, February 25, 2011

Flat Belly Diet: 28-Day Eating Plan

Shopping was a must to properly prepare myself for the next portion of the diet. The shopping list in the book was quite extensive so it took much longer than expected. I wasn't familiar with the location of many of the items. I came to realize that I will also need to shop at a store that specializes in organic and natural food, such as Whole Foods. I was unable to find some of the oils and other items. The cost is substantial to stock the kitchen adequately but many ingredients will be used throughout the next 28 days. And many of the items on the list can be interchanged, which reduces the overall cost.

This is a partial representation of foods needed
for the diet. I've yet to buy many of the oils required
along with several other items.

Despite the effort and expense, I feel that it's definitely worth it. I know that I am improving
my long-term health by eating healthier and it's so great to see a lower number when I step on the scales. I'm happy to say that I dropped four pounds since I began the jumpstart program. Four pounds in four days."Yay!"

Below is a scaled-down version of today's menu. The bolded items have recipes associated with them; none of which are very involved. I'm sure there will be those that I like more than others, and certainly a few favorites. I suspect that the Strawberry Chocolate Waffle will be one of them. I'll let you know.

Pumpkin Crunch Cereal
8 oz. skim milk

Chicken and Apple Salad
with olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Strawberry Chocolate Waffle

Guacamole Dip
whole wheat pita
1 string cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.