Monday, February 21, 2011

Jumpstart: Day 1

Lifestyle changes take time and effort. Awareness is essential to counter years of conditioning. For instance, giving up that morning mug of coffee was not easy. Yet, it is a good thing to do because I like my coffee rich and creamy. I gave up sugar decades ago but I made up for it by using half-n-half; lots of it.

I had my first taste of Sassy Water this morning. Let me just say: It is appropriately named. With ingredients like ginger, lemon, mint and cucumber, a little sass is to be expected. A palate can use a little of that now and then—and it looks great in a clear pitcher.

I don't really believe in diets, but sometimes it takes a little something extra to get a person on the right track. That's why I decided to try the Flat Belly Diet. I'll be posting my experience, good or bad, so stay tuned.

In addition to Sassy Water, the menu for my first day of the jumpstart program is as follows:

Breakfast
1 cup unsweetened cornflakes
1 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup roasted or raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce 

Lunch
4 ounces deli turkey
1 pint fresh grape tomatoes
1 low-fat string cheese

Snack
Blueberry smoothie: (1 cup fat-free milk; 1 cup frozen unsweetened
blueberries; 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil)

Dinner
4 ounce grilled tilapia drizzled with olive oil
1 cup steamed green beans
1/2 cup cooked brown rice

2 comments:

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.