Sunday, April 1, 2012

Seriously. . . Ya Gotta Laugh!


I was not familiar with Loretta LaRoche when I purchased this book two weekends ago. But this colorfully bound paperback held its own among rows of self-helps. The title and neon cover hooked me but it was the Introduction (view on Amazon.com) that reeled me in. This lady is funny but even more important is the message she conveys. Laughing at oneself is a healthy alternative to living life trapped in the serious lane. I'd recommend this book to anyone who takes life or themselves too seriously.

An excerpt from the Amazon Book Description says this about Loretta's book: 

"In her work, Loretta has seen tens of thousands of people who live their lives as if they’re sitting in a waiting room, hoping that their turn comes up next. This book will show you that life is not something to be endured, but is something to be truly appreciated. We need to remember how to access our inner abundance, which allows us to be heart-centered, joy-filled human beings."
            
There is a lovely quote by Loretta on the back cover: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift—that’s why they call it the present.”  

1 comment:

  1. Makes sense to me. I know that I've often gone years thinking about how I was going to do this or that "in the future." I still think that way sometimes and have to remind myself that THIS is the future (I ain't got a lot of "futures" left!)

    Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.