Friday, January 20, 2012

Little Ladies

It's all about the hat.

A church sponsored activity center for children turned my three daughters and a friend into church ladies during summer break twenty plus years ago. 

The opportunity arose during a trip to my mother's house. She suggested that they visit the center. I'm not sure what activities they participated in while there but I can tell that they thoroughly enjoyed dressing up.

The little girl in the checkered dress was a friend of one of my daughters but I don't recall the exact connection. I do know that she made an especially lovely lady.

Speaking of lovely church ladies. . .  now isn't she special? 


––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

This has nothing to do with church ladies or dressing up but here is a painting done by my daughter, Stephanie. The interesting thing about this piece is that this was her first painting effort. She was sixteen years old when she created this work of art for her dad. It made a very special Christmas gift.

There were offers to purchase it during the time it was at the frame shop.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. Is this what I thought being a lady was about? Pleather and rouge? I also love that Christie is wearing a grey wig. That's what every 12 year old looks forward to becoming :) Stephanie has her look nailed down though!

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.