Thursday, December 22, 2011

Life's Little Sparks

Samantha loves dogs and cats. She is shown here with her dog, Buddy.
Joy and laughter. They make the days worthwhile. If I can experience either on a regular basis, I feel incredibly blessed.

The little things in life are usually the spark. This photo of granddaughter Samantha with Buddy the dog is one such example. A source of joy for certain. If a title were needed for this photo, I would call it Exposed—for obvious reasons.

Life has taught me that there is less emotional suffering if one can manage to laugh at oneself.

This lesson was quite meaningful yesterday afternoon when I discovered that I inadvertently used the men's bathroom at a department store in the mall. I realized it once I emerged from the bathroom stall. One quick glance told me that I was no longer alone. My exit was swift and done with great precision.

Why the strange behavior? Chalk it up to shopper fatigue. I'm grateful to be spending the next few days at home where I can enjoy the simpler side of Christmas.

7 comments:

  1. Re: The bathroom incident
    Oh noooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie: There are many people with similar stories. Sister Barb speaks of seeing unusually hairy legs beneath the bathroom stall door. She, too, had made a "wrong turn." It happens to the best of us I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahah Ohmygosh, you made me laugh, and I agree with you about laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p. s. Your comment on my blog re: 'Book in a bottle' - ooh, yes, ideas abound! - and maybe YOU should write one of them (a story). . . mm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Hope you weren't too red! Anyway, I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue: I haven't blushed for years. The "circus of life" seems to have little effect on me. I think that happens at a certain age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon C: Love your little "nudges" about writing. Inspirational sparks such as these are illuminating the pathway to my heart's desire. They are much appreciated. xx

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.