Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jack Frost Came A Courtin'

It never hurts to prepare yourself mentally for things to come. . . winter for instance.

Is one's tongue at risk if exposed to the elements on an exceptionally
cold winter day—even if there are no flag poles in sight?
12/10

One of the advantages of snowy winters. . . we always know
where our black lab is.
02/10

Building momentum isn't always easy when sledding. A bigger hill and
fewer obstacles wouldn't hurt.
12/10

"Survival of the Fittest"
When it comes to surviving Wisconsin winters, it mostly depends on
determination—and the equipment on hand.
12/09

A reflection or fairy dust?
It's whatever you want it to be. I choose to believe it's fairy dust.
12/10

4 comments:

  1. I love the way everything is whited out in these photos except the subject(s)...great job.

    We expect to be hearing from my sister soon. She lives north of Eau Claire - near Barron. Perhaps she'll come visit us this winter.

    And I'm not one can prepare for a Wisconsin winter...I remember driving back and from from Minneapolis to Chicago in the mid-50's (Highway 12 - no Interstates then) and I think the coldest it got in Wisconsin was 40 below near a military base (Williams?)...

    Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. Can I come lock myself in the house with you & we can make gluten free cookies for a few months?

    I remember that feeling of trying to get back up the hill with all that warm gear on and a sled to drag. Funny to think about that. That pictures captures that perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh!!! Love the fairy dust!!! Less excited about snow in general, although the photos are really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iselin Times (Sue):I also love the "fairy dust." A person needs to dream a little, right? Yes, the snow thing is a little hard to swallow sometimes. Living on a bit of a rise in basically an "open field" accentuates the wintertime elements even more. I am sometimes amazed that the house is still standing.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.