Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Times Square Visitor Center

The Centennial Ball once stood on top of  1 Times
Square. It simulates the New Year's Eve countdown
every 20 minutes. It is now located inside of
the Visitor Center on Times Square.

The New Year's Eve confetti "Wishing Wall" in the Times Square
Visitor Center. Two tons of confetti is released each year. Anyone can
add a confetti "wish" for use during the end of year celebration.

A reflection of the Centennial Ball can be seen in
the window of the display case that holds hats and
Playbills from several iconic Broadway plays.

4 comments:

  1. Love your pics and esp. love the wishing wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much fun! I like the confetti wishing wall especially, but also like the way you composed the Centennial Ball giving it a sense of scale.

    I'm really enjoying your NYC photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize there was such a thing as a confetti wishing wall, but I absolutely LOVE the idea! I'm having a good time looking at your NY photos in your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie: I didn't know there was a confetti wishing wall either. Isn't it a grand idea? I will view NY's New Year's Eve celebration differently now that I've been there.

    Re my daughter's soul, I think our "inner child" emerges now and again. Exposure to bubbles seems to be a trigger.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.