Friday, February 3, 2012

Land Camera

You may or may not remember this camera from an earlier post. This Polaroid Land Camera was a Christmas gift from my daughter and her husband. It arrived with several boxes of film. I was a bit intimidated by my new toy. Once I tried it I realized that there was little reason for concern, although I did encounter an issue with the film jamming in the camera. It took a bit of research to find out what was causing it. I found the answer in this video. Apparently the problem I encountered is not that uncommon.


These commercial grade cameras are known for producing photos with exceptionally rich color and unique qualities. Many photographers still use them today for that reason. The first few photos I took were definitely about getting acquainted with the camera. I had to toss a few but a couple were worth sharing. There's much to be learned about setting up shots for this camera. It will be an ongoing lesson I'm sure.

Tune Me

Little Shoes

2 comments:

  1. I'll be eager to see what you come up with, using that cool camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gem of a camera! I remember the days when pros had Polaroid film backs on their SLRs - that was so they could take a test photo before moving ahead to the real thing. Digital has turned the world upside down!

    So glad you got your S95 ... you're gonna love it. And lots to play with. I like the fisheye setting and the old photo setting, among others.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.