Monday, February 6, 2012

Beneath the Bridge

Fifty plus: the number of times I walk past this photo each day. It hangs on the wall near the stairway to the upper story. It was taken several years ago during a family trip to Portland, Oregon. My daughter, Stephanie, and granddaughter, Elyse, were checking out the mural beneath The Bridge of the Gods. I remember taking Elyse to a nearby gift shop so she could get a toy. She chose the sweet teddy bear that she is carrying in this photo.

The Bridge of the Gods spans the Columbia River, which connects Oregon and Washington states. The Pacific Northwest is one of my favorite places to visit. I am especially fond of the Columbia River Gorge area. Its beauty takes my breath away each and every time I see it. Ms. Mother Nature is a true artist.  

1 comment:

  1. The Pacific Northwest is one of my favorite places to visit, too! Have you been to the San Juan Islands? If not, you really need to explore them. Many artists and other creative types live there.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.