Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Not So Marble Marvels

A blog should be focused and informative, and the writing passionate. Does Not Quite Average meet the criteria? Probably not. But, as you see, I do it anyway. Why? Because inspiration lurks around every corner.


I am inspired by nature and cuteness (see the Dog and Dog: Chapter 2 posts) but I also find inspiration in reading about alternative approaches to the status quo. In this case, I am referring to kitchen counter tops. The most recent post on the Home Design Find blog talks about materials that can be used in place of finite ones such as marble or granite. There are some great choices out there. See for yourself:



2 comments:

  1. I fell in love with concrete counter tops the first time I saw them. I can't believe they didn't include them. Now that I see the recycled hardwood counter tops, I want those TOO!! The recycled terrazzo counter tops also look great. So many choices!

    We installed quartz counter tops (silestone)several years ago. After reading the article, I feel terrible about carving a chunk out of the earth!

    By the way, Not Quite Right DOES meet the criteria. I eagerly await your posts and am never disappointed. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about concrete countertops, Julie. I'm not sure why they weren't included. I found an inlay one that I'd love in my house (see post). The reclaimed wood tops are also gorgeous, aren't they?

    BTW... inspiration is also found in kind words such as yours. I'm glad that you are enjoying my blog. Back at 'cha.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.