Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dog

Meet Schnopsie. He and his family have been visiting for the past few weeks. He is a Miniature Dachshund but he thinks he is just as big as other dogs. Our Black Lab, Halle, likes to pretend that he isn't around so Schnopsie tries to get her attention by running and lunging at her. It works sometimes.


Schnopsie is very smart and does many tricks. He is "sitting" in this photo. A couple other tricks he is trained to do are "high five" and "play dead." He will do tricks over and over again if he thinks it will get him a treat. But no treats were being offered here. He was begging for a stuffed toy, a lamb, that was perched on top of my head. It was in his possession a few minutes prior to this and I am convinced that he would have torn it to shreds if it had not been rescued. He was being very obedient in hopes that I would return the toy to him when this photo was taken.


As you can see, there was a bit of anxiety as he stared at the toy on my head. He wanted the lamb so badly. There is no doubt in my mind that the living room floor would be covered with polyester filling and bits of fuzzy white fabric if I had relinquished it.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahha! Those pictures (and stories) are hilarious. What is he doing in that bottom picture? It looks like his upper lip is curled under :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, Elly, Bammer, StephanieJuly 11, 2011 at 7:54 PM

    That made me shoot milk and potatoes out of my nose. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.