Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Youthful Energy

House guests will be arriving Friday. And since they are the not-quite-ripened ages of five and six, I expect the noise level in the place to surge a notch or two. It will take some adjustment (especially for the cat) but that's okay. Maybe I can absorb some of their youthful energy during the stay.

I saw both of the girls for a short time yesterday. Our conversations went something like this:


Me: "Hi, Elyse."
Elyse: "Hi. You might get some teeth falling out at your house."
Me: "I sure hope my teeth don't fall out."
Elyse: "Not yours! Mine! See." (She just lost her first tooth.)


Me: "Hi, Sami. How are you?"
Sami: "I have earrings now!" (As she shows me her pierced ears.)
Me: "Oh-h-h. Those are so pretty. I love pink."
Sami: (with exuberance) "And they're real earrings too!!"
(When I told Elyse that her new earrings look like diamonds, she nonchalantly replied, "They are.")

Me: "Elyse, I bought you two books."
Elyse: "Are they chapter ones?"
Me: "Chapter ones?"
Elyse: "Yeah."
Me: "Do you mean divided into chapters?"
Elyse: "Yeah."
Me: "Yes, I think they are."
Elyse: "Good. We need more chapter ones."
Elyse: (later) "Thank you for the ten chapter book."

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that's so cute. I need more conversations like that in my life. So sweet. You're a good grandma.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.