Monday, October 8, 2012

Worth Repeating


When I am excited about something, I have a tendency to repeat myself.
And since Fall has provided us with beautiful colors this year—and I consider
that to be terribly exciting—I am sharing a few more fall photos. 


The woodpile-bigger-than-my-dog shot is a favorite due to
its painterly appearance but each photo has its own special qualities.


I never tire of this photo showing the lane leading to the back
acreage. Click on the photo to view a larger version. 


Bursting milkweed pod is a fall favorite but this one was loaded
with oncopeltus fasciatus, a.k.a. milkweed bugs. Nast!!


I sighted a Mule hiding in the brush. This one happened
to have a steering wheel. Hee haw!!


With color at every turn, I make effort to ignore certain things. But, since my
 brain doesn't allow such nonsense, I usually return for a photo.


I removed brambles and brush and dug a campfire pit to create this campsite.
There is a semi-cleared pathway that leads to the creek on the far right.


Matisse must have made a visit. 
Magnificent colors.


An unplanned adoption allowed this good-natured black lab
to spend her days exploring wide open spaces. Lucky dog!


Matissed once again.


A calming color palette,
and an empty nest.


Her nose knows no peace. Busy, busy, busy.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful and full of color and light - a perfect day(s) in an Eden-like area.

    You have a butler?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, Karen. It was fun scrolling these photos once again!

    Re your question: This was actually a little girl sleeping on a couch in a real estate office which was located in a model home. Her mother was negotiating to buy a home and was taking a long time and the girl just passed out...must have been really tired. I didn't post it at first as it seemed I was somehow violating her personal space, but then I worked on the photo until I got it to look less personal and thought that would work. I rather like it.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.