Monday, August 3, 2009

Sea Troll: My Online Alaskan Friend


This recent photo of Sherry kayaking
was taken by her husband, Wade.

I'm not sure what Sherry Ball expected when she registered with South Beach Diet online but I doubt that she anticipated having another member ask so many questions about her personal life. Sherry, known as Sea Troll in the SB arena, lives in Alaska and is a commercial fisherman. Sherry and her family also run a remote hunting lodge on Kodiak Island. (I put a link to the Olga Creek Lodge website in my blog.). Not only does Sherry fish but she also likes to hunt, and I'm not talking about rabbits or squirrel. She likes to hunt (and eat) muskox. If you don't know what a muskox is, you might want to check Wikepedia. They're big! Sherry is also the lodge cook. It sounds like she really knows her way around the kitchen.

After hearing about the incredible desserts Sherry cooks up, I wondered how she can lose any weight at all, but she does. She's the incredible shrinking woman when it comes to weight loss. As a member of SB, I am able to log in and spy on her (she can reciprocate if she chooses). I'm always amazed by how much she loses, and how quickly. I recently asked her how she does it. Her answer should be no surprise. She literally works her butt off by doing something physical every day, and she eats all of the salmon (I'm so jealous.), halibut and crab that she wants.

I plan on sharing more about Sherry's life in Alaska (with her permission). The life she leads is quite different than my own and I find it quite interesting. I think you will to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.