Saturday, May 4, 2013

Life In The Passing Lane


First I was dying to finish
high school and start college.

And then I was dying to finish
college and start working.

And then I was dying to
marry and have children.

And then I was dying for my
children to grow old enough so I
could get back to my career.

And then I was dying to retire.

And now I'm dying... 
and suddenly I realize
that I forgot to
live.
author unknown
untitled

My mother has had this stored in one of her photo boxes for many
years. believe that it resonated with her because our dad dedicated his
life to work. He farmed with his parents and also worked a full-time
factory job so there was little time for other things.

3 comments:

  1. What a message...it's so true. The photo is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid that's too true of too many of us. At my advanced age, I'm still thinking, "Well, I can wait to do that, whatever "that" is."

    What a gorgeous photo. Another magnificent piece worthy of display on a wall or gallery!

    Hope all is well with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! Thanks for the comment on "Images." That was a blast from the past! It was very nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.