Sunday, May 23, 2010

Time Marches On...

This photo of my sister, Nora, and I was was taken many years ago. She's the one with the angelic smile. I imagine we were pretty good buddies during that time of our lives since we were fairly close in age and other playmates were few and far between. I know that times were hard, which may explain the rubber-less front tire on my sister's tricycle. I was envious of the bike horn until I noticed the tire, or lack of. My sister will be gone five years on August 30th of this year. She had breast cancer and passed away the day after Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc on New Orleans. I can't help but think about the precarious road she traveled the final years of her life and wonder if a little extra insulation: support by someone with her best interest in mind, could have lessened the hardships she experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes a blog worth reading? Comments from people like you. Share your thoughts here.